Hey there! Welcome to my blog. Please read this carefully. I like dark fiction, mostly horror, crime, some dark fantasy. Oh, and heavy metal! I read what I want, when I want. If you want to submit a book for review please follow these guidelines. Thanks.
- Don’t send PDF. It will not be read. I read on Kindle and PDF is crap on Kindle.
- Don’t send book 1 of a forthcoming trilogy that you will not be finished writing for 2-3 years. Sorry, I’m not interested.
- Don’t send something that has crap editing and/or formatting. I can handle the odd typo, every book has at least one, but I don’t want to read a book that has a mistake on every other page.
- Make sure your cover art is good. I see so many books with crap cover art. If you can’t be bothered to get a good cover then I guess you can’t be bothered with the quality of the writing in your book and I can’t be bothered to read it.
- If I am closed to review requests, guess what? I am closed to review requests! Please do not waste your time and mine by sending me your book. You will not receive a reply. It will simply be deleted.
- I always try to answer review request emails. Well, unless I forget, which I try not to. I get hundreds of review requests every year…..HUNDREDS! If I do not answer you then send me another email. I promise I won’t bite….much 😉
- I post my reviews at my blog, on Goodreads (I’m in the top 1% of reviewers on Goodreads…whatever that means?!), Amazon US, UK and Australia (where I live). I promote my reviews on social media (mostly Twitter and FB). Give me a follow if you like?
Are you still here? Well done! I will be open to review requests later this year. This doesn’t mean you can send me your book now, though.
@AdrianShotbolt on Twitter.
Fictionfreak666 on Instagram